Field Service Technician
High Purity Water Services Inc. is a successful, growing company seeking a self-starter Field Service Technician to support our high purity water systems and services business. We design, manufacture and install complete turnkey water systems including ultrapure distribution loops for the institutional marketplace. Our innovative designs incorporate equipment which are listed with Health Canada as licensed Medical Devices.
The Technician will ultimately learn to service, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain critical high purity water systems at our customer facilities (life sciences, laboratory, healthcare, biotech, pharma, and advanced manufacturing) throughout the region. Training will be provided. A successful employee will have ample opportunities for professional growth and advancement within our company. We provide meaningful career trajectories for our technicians as their knowledge and skills improve with training and experience over time.
The goal of the position is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability. Driving and making required deliveries and pick ups at various customer locations will be a significant role for the entry-level technician. The Technician will also transport and install tanks on site as per the customer’s requirements. Over time, as the Technician becomes trained and knowledgeable about the service and maintenance of high purity water systems, the Technician will have the opportunity to develop into a high purity water technician capable of performing services independently and become an experienced member of our team of high purity water professionals.
- Delivery and pick up of vessels at customer locations in a professional manner
- Exchanging DI and media tanks
- Perform system service on ultrapure water systems at life science and healthcare facilities
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting of reverse osmosis and deionization water systems
- Calibration of meters, probes, and various water quality instrumentation
- System sanitizations, replacement of water filters and UV lamps
- Water testing in laboratory settings
- Maintenance of reverse osmosis membrane systems
- Will be placed into 24/7 on call rotation after completion of training
- Valid Ontario driver’s license with a clean driving abstract
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- A mechanical background would be an asset
- Ability to prepare accurate and complete paperwork
- Must be able to communicate and interact well with customers as well as co-workers and manager(s)
- Physical requirements include ability to bend, squat, walk with heavy equipment, climb ladders, and lift 70 pounds
- Some nights, weekends, and travel are required as needed